This blog is to showcase steals, thrills, & mega deals in the shopping world. By this, I don't mean snatching up a Coach bag off E-bay for a couple hundred bones...I mean snatching up EVERYDAY needs (& sometimes wants) for pennies on the dollar...ie- children's socks for $1, cream of mushroom soup for 50 cents, Old Navy skirts for 99 cents...got it? Feel free to pass any of YOUR fab finds my way & I'll post them, giving credit to you of course. Happy Savings!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

And the next challenge is......

Before we talk about that, let's talk about your AWESOME mobility skills! I'm impressed with the amount of self-energy you expended today and the amount of refined oil energy you saved! Nicely done!


And just to toot my own horn, I didn't drive ONCE today, which for me is a feat because I go stir crazy if inside all day. We walked all our errands today!

So on to Wednesday's challenge...this will be a tough one for me.

Every Wednesday Avy goes to a fun little gym class. Jamba is on the way home & she says "Jamba" so adorable-y, so of course we HAVE to stop EVERY Wednesday after class.


This will be the last "save the calories" post of the week, I promise, but since Wed is our Jamba day, I am willing to sacrifice.

Here's Wed's tasky:
Today, let's drink NOTHING but water....and we can include milk in there too if needed for cereal and such. But no juice, no soda, no Starbucks, no Jamba. Nada. Just the pure, fresh, FREE H2O.


And I say FREE because I know you're easing up on the bottled water these days.

I promise I'm not doing this to selectively call certain people out on particular habits -you know who you are- :) but really, we could save a lot of dollars if we cut back our bevies!

Are you in? You could win yourself 3 lovely points today!!!

12 comments:

Jennikunz said...

Great! I already drank Oj with my toast this morning, BUT I mixed it up two days ago... so I would be wasting it to let it sit in the fridge... right? I need to read this first thing in the morning.

Lindsay said...

Oh man - I just opened a big bottle of CranGrape last night...it stares at me every time I open the fridge. Maybe I should put it in one of the drawers until tomorrow???

Ashley said...

I need to read this earlier in the day. I have already sucked down more than one can of the good stuff. I think these challenges are set up for my failure!

wifethereof said...

Easy one! Given up the soda since I got pregnant.

Danielle said...

We had nothing but water today in our house (well, except for the little munchkin)! Thanks for the challenges!
yellyjohnsen@yahoo.com

Rachelle said...

Completed this challenge. Wasn't too hard since I don't keep soda in the house and we've run out of juice.

Kristina said...

Accomplished this one.

SISSY said...

I did it! Except I did have my glucose drink this morning for my glucose test. Does that count? :)

Lindsay said...

I drank water all day, but went to a party in the evening and had sparkling cider. Does that count? I didn't spend a dime of my own money on the bubbly.

Jenni said...

done!!!

Lindsey said...

a nursing mother craves this one. done and done.

Hayley said...

LY,
sorry sista, the rules specifically state no drinking of any libation except water. even if you didn't pay for it (milk was acceptable).