This blog is to showcase steals, thrills, & mega deals in the shopping world. By this, I don't mean snatching up a Coach bag off E-bay for a couple hundred bones...I mean snatching up EVERYDAY needs (& sometimes wants) for pennies on the dollar...ie- children's socks for $1, cream of mushroom soup for 50 cents, Old Navy skirts for 99 cents...got it? Feel free to pass any of YOUR fab finds my way & I'll post them, giving credit to you of course. Happy Savings!

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Feb 1st challenge...this won't save you $, but it will get the game going

Your first challenge, should you choose to accept, is to refer someone to this game by 10pm California time (PST) Monday, Feb 2nd.

(okay, fine. according to this clock you have until 10:03 pm.)

For EVERY person you refer, you will get 1/2 a point.

That person must leave a comment telling me they were referred by you.

This one is an EASY way to rack up your starter points, so I'd take advantage if I were you.


Plus, the more players we have, the better the game.
Yes I realize the less your chances of winning the FAB gift card with bizillions of players, but think of it this way, if you are the winner, then you are SO the real, true, Savvy Shopper.

So go on & get referring. Go on. Git!

Also, check back tomorrow morning b/c your first REAL $ saving challenge will be awaiting you.

16 comments:

Sue Anne said...

I was referred to your blog by Kristine Gray. :) I don't know if she's playing your game, but just in case she is that's how I found out about your blog.

Hayley said...

Wonderful! Thanks, Sue Anne. She gets a running start of a 1/2 point thanks to you :)

You're welcome to play as well if you'd like.

Enjoy!

Kellie said...

I was referred by Lindsay Y!

Grammy and Papa Dan said...

Good info. I was referred by Lindsey Kearl. Thanks!

Clara said...

Thanks for referring me Lindsay Y.!

Jennikunz said...

I am totally in on this game.. do we get extra points if we save big in our own homes? Or just the challenges?

Jen said...

I was referred by Lindsay Y!

Brett and Kelly Robinson said...

I was referred by Lindsay Y.!

Lindsey said...

I think Lindsay Y. is cheating.

;)

Suzy said...

I was referred by Lindsay Y!

Rachelle said...

I got your site off of Mormon Mommy blogs.

the youngs said...

Referred by Lindsay "Babelicious" Young.

Ng, M said...

Lindsay Y told me!

Elisabeth Pintar said...

I was referred to your blog as well by Kristine Gray. Love the blog, thus far, as I am always looking for ways to save money. Put her down for LOTS of points! -;)

Kristina said...

I'm totally going to post about this on my blog right now... didn't make the deadline... but better late than never, right? :)

Shauni said...

Hope I'm not too late! I was referred by Lindsay Young.