This blog is to showcase steals, thrills, & mega deals in the shopping world. By this, I don't mean snatching up a Coach bag off E-bay for a couple hundred bones...I mean snatching up EVERYDAY needs (& sometimes wants) for pennies on the dollar...ie- children's socks for $1, cream of mushroom soup for 50 cents, Old Navy skirts for 99 cents...got it? Feel free to pass any of YOUR fab finds my way & I'll post them, giving credit to you of course. Happy Savings!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Challenge Go-ers...Here You Go. From saving hot water to saving hot air.

So you did an awesome job saving hot water from your showers!
Nice!

How about we save some hot air on Wednesday?

Whatever your heater is set at, can you crank it down?
3 points for every degree you lower your thermostat.



ie-
I keep our thermostat WAY higher than needed....
Ah-hem: 70 degrees (don't tell the Mr.)

If I set it to 65 on Wed, that's 5 degrees lower than usual.
That's 15 points.


DO NOT cause frostbite to those you love on the account of earning a few extra points.
Be reasonable ladies. Thank you.


8 comments:

SISSY said...

I usually have it set to 65 all day, so we will try and go down to 60. We will just pull out the sweatshirts!

Hayley said...

Hi All,

Danielle had a great question...what if you turn it off completely today?

The max you can get on this challenge will be 30 POINTS. So if you usually have it set to 65 and you turn it off today, you won't be getting 65x3=195 points. Just 30.

But kudos to those that can go without it all day. Awesome!

Good luck!

Danielle said...

We're going with the heat off today since it's nice out.
Thanks!

Lindsey said...

we turned it off today as well. it actually has only gotten down to 64 so it was worth it.

Do I get to turn it on tonight? don't worry my husby sets it to a wopping 58 at night. yikes!

Lindsay said...

I usually have ours set to 74, but notched it down to 69 today. Sidenote: it's never really 74 in our home...I think our thermostat is just funky and I have to set it really high. In any case, I don't think it actually even turned on today. Wish I had read the comment about turning it off all day because I would have done that. But o-well.

Rachelle said...

We have 2 thermostats. I turned them both down 2 degrees each. I don't know how you want to count that. I would have done more, but all my kids are sick and were already feeling really cold. I wish I could turn my heat off, but our high today was 35, so I left mine on, just turned it down a bit.

(side note: last year our heat went out during the winter and it got down to 45 degrees in our house without the heat.)

Kristine Gray said...

We turned the heat off as well. Brrrr...

Jennikunz said...

70 to 68.. It's COLD here!!!