This blog is to showcase steals, thrills, & mega deals in the shopping world. By this, I don't mean snatching up a Coach bag off E-bay for a couple hundred bones...I mean snatching up EVERYDAY needs (& sometimes wants) for pennies on the dollar...ie- children's socks for $1, cream of mushroom soup for 50 cents, Old Navy skirts for 99 cents...got it? Feel free to pass any of YOUR fab finds my way & I'll post them, giving credit to you of course. Happy Savings!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

February Frugality Game: The Oink-Oink Weekend Bonus Challenge.


Alright team, here's the deal:

You have 1 task to carry out from Friday thru Sunday night.
It pertains to...dun...dun...dun:
a piggy bank.



That's right. Do you remember that cute little fella from way back when?

Here's your challenge:
1- make a change jar if you don't already have one.



2- put all the change you find around your house and all the change you receive over the weekend in this jar.

3- count it up and give us the total Sunday night.



Point value, you ask? 15 points...5 for each step.
AND...let's not forget the BONUS part of the challenge!
In addition to your 15 points, you will also receive 2 EXTRA points for every dollar you save in your jar over the weekend!

Happy Savings!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

We have a couple of piggy banks but I made a specific one for the weekend just to keep track of how much change we found/saved for the challenge. So after cleaning and organizing all the dressers, night stands, junk drawer, desks, and the car and with some change saved from purchases I came to a total of $10.54. So 15 points plus 21 points= 36 points.
thanks for the challenge. It pushed me to do some extra cleaning and I found some new spots that my daugther likes to put and hide money that she's taken from the purse.

Kristine Gray said...

Found $15 in change and saved $5.

25 points !

Lindsay said...

I found $11.90. I really didn't save any from this weekend because I am a 99% credit card user. The only change I managed to gain was when I went to the Farmers' Market. So I guess that's 15 points plus about 23 points...38 points.

Jenni said...

Found $13.24. Not sure how many points that's worth...

Lindsey said...

sorry, late response...
tyler is always getting mad at me for letting ava play with money. now i know why...
$7.57

So, I believe 15 points plus, 14 extra =29.