This blog is to showcase steals, thrills, & mega deals in the shopping world. By this, I don't mean snatching up a Coach bag off E-bay for a couple hundred bones...I mean snatching up EVERYDAY needs (& sometimes wants) for pennies on the dollar...ie- children's socks for $1, cream of mushroom soup for 50 cents, Old Navy skirts for 99 cents...got it? Feel free to pass any of YOUR fab finds my way & I'll post them, giving credit to you of course. Happy Savings!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Your Next Challenge......lace up those kicks.


Since we're saving money and losing weight by cutting back our night-time eating, we may as well add fuel to the fire and exercise our little piggies & gams, right?

Challenge for Tuesday, February 10th (I just realized that I posted the 9th's challenge as "Feb 8th Frugal Challenge....Save some calories, save some money.....save the world." My bad, I confused the dates).

But I digress. Back to Tuesday, Feb 10th's Challenge.

Let's hide the keys and use the good ol' fashioned mode of transportation...WALKING! Or you may bike if you'd like. You don't have to walk EVERYWHERE all day. You can drive if needs be. But the more you walk, the more you score. For every mile you walk, you'll get 4 points!


This is a good opportunity to catch up if you REALLY want that gift card!!!

Don't have any errands you need to walk to today? How about:
play dates?
school drop-off/pick-up?
borrowing goods from the neighbor down the street?
letters to the post office?

Regardless of your reason for walking today, you will get 4 points for each mile. Even if you want to just get out & get some exercise, you'll still get 4 points for each mile. After all, if you're spending a fair amount of time walking, that's time your NOT driving or spending $ by being home & using heat, lights, water.... AND if you're exercising, that's keeping the ol' ticker in top-notch shape, which over a period of time would save on med bills. See how the universe all flows together so melodiously?



Ladies, start your engines.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Okay, I refuse to fail this challenge...I am pretty good at ditching the car to run errands. Yesterday I took Cooper out in his new bike seat and went to the post office and library. I just have to decide where we'll go today. I'm glad it's not supposed to rain. I'll tally my miles and let you know!

Jenni said...

I walked from school to downtown, grabbed some ice cream and took the trek back into the hills.

1.2 miles downhill + 1.2 miles uphill = 8 points!

Danielle said...

Seeing how we've already had 3 tornados touch down in our area today and prediction of more tonight, I'm going to decline on this one. Does the treadmill count? But I guess that wouldn't prove a point of saving gas money huh? Argh, it's been so sunny and warm for a week now and today it has to go all crazy! I usually don't even have our car for errands and take the little one in our jogging stroller, so this wouldn've been a great challenge!

Oh, and no worries though, our place is still intact and obviously we still have power. But boy will we be moving from here after grad school! I can't handle this kind of weather!

Kristine Gray said...

We did our daily walk (about a mile) and stopped at Walgreens and the dry cleaners. Would have gone farther but we are fighting colds over here.

Lindsay said...

According to Google Maps we walked 3.3 miles today. That would be 13.2 points. And you would be proud that our little walking excursions did not result in any purchases. (Luckily I couldn't find anything at Macy's)

Rachelle said...

Instead of starting up the snow blower, I grabbed my trusty shovel and shoveled our walks and driveway. According to my pedometer that was 1.5 miles of walking back and forth. On the plus side I burned extra calories by lifting and pushing all that snow around!

Jennikunz said...

I just ran on my tredmill.. that counts right? 3 miles.. oh yah!
I live to far away form EVERYTHING to walk ANYWHERE! Post office that would take me 5 hours. BUT I did make the kids walk home from school, does that count? I didnt turn on my car on go get them... that should count, but your the boss lady. I do what you say.

Kristina said...

I love vacation w/out the jogger, I was able to do a longer/faster run than normal, so I got about 6 miles run and 1 mile walking around Newport= 7 miles today for me!