This blog is to showcase steals, thrills, & mega deals in the shopping world. By this, I don't mean snatching up a Coach bag off E-bay for a couple hundred bones...I mean snatching up EVERYDAY needs (& sometimes wants) for pennies on the dollar...ie- children's socks for $1, cream of mushroom soup for 50 cents, Old Navy skirts for 99 cents...got it? Feel free to pass any of YOUR fab finds my way & I'll post them, giving credit to you of course. Happy Savings!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thursday's Challenge: STUFF FOR SALE!!!

Hopefully you've thawed out by now & you are coherent enough to understand this next challenge.
It's a doozie.

Sell your stuff!
Not everything, of course.
But there has to be something, or if you're like me, a pile,
that is ready to find a new home.

Not only will your home & life be less cluttered with junk gone, but you can slip a few duckets in your pocket as well.
How Fabulous!

Well today is the day, Ladies.

Here's your challenge; it's a multi-parter:
1- Make a list of things you are going to sell.
Making a list will result in 10 points.

2- Actually post those things.
Put them on Craigslist, or Ebay, or in the Pennysaver,
or your local paper.

Posting them will result in 20 points.
3- If any of those items for sale are actually sold on Thursday, you will receive an additional 10 points for each item sold!


So hold up......

ie-
I make a list of 5 things. I get 10 points.
I post those 5 things on craigslist. I've now earned 30 points.
I sold 2 of those items today. My total points for the day would be: 50 points.
Get it?

Goodbye, Packrats! Hello, Fresh-Clean-Money-Making-Savvy Shoppers
-And Sellers!

10 comments:

Danielle said...

I made a list of a bunch of text books, videos, a cookbook, and some other books we've had laying around and then put them on amazon and we just go a new dryer yesterday so we listed on craigs list 2 extra dryers. That's another story on how we have so many dryers! Anyway, there's my first two assignments accomplished- 30 points. Hopefully we will sell some for some needed moolah

Kristine Gray said...

Can you sell Tat's toenail?

Jennikunz said...

I just sold my fridge two days ago... can that count?

Rachelle said...

Well, I made my list, but it'll have to wait for selling. I leave today for a very long trip (won't be home till March 2nd), so I guess I'm out of the running. Thanks for all the challenges! This was fun!

Hayley said...

kristine,
are you interested in buying it?
kidding! it got tossed in the trash after the party :)

Lindsey said...

i made my list...10 points
i posted 9 things (so far)...20 points.

AND...SOLD (only one thing so far, but i made $10!)

give me my 50 points baby

Kristine Gray said...

Made a list. Almost everything is over at the storage unit which I couldn't get to today. The hubs suggested my shoes, which I vetoed. Did find my rollerblades in a closet and posted that.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/spo/1041348862.html

Would be nice if they sold.

Lindsey said...

kids mat...SOLD

useless GMAT books...SOLD

water dispenser...SOLD

bedroom set...interested buyer

total earnings:$80- soon to be $380(fingers crossed)

BOO-YEAH!!

thanks for the motivation :)

Kristine Gray said...

I forgot to add- I did drop a couple bags of clothes at goodwill. Got a tax deduction. Does that count?

Lindsay said...

I listed a bunch of my books from school on half.com. Just did it, so I'm pretty sure I won't sell any today. But glad I got that project off to a start. I also have a huge garbage bag full of old clothes...didn't want to sell those, but I will donate them for the tax write-off.