This blog is to showcase steals, thrills, & mega deals in the shopping world. By this, I don't mean snatching up a Coach bag off E-bay for a couple hundred bones...I mean snatching up EVERYDAY needs (& sometimes wants) for pennies on the dollar...ie- children's socks for $1, cream of mushroom soup for 50 cents, Old Navy skirts for 99 cents...got it? Feel free to pass any of YOUR fab finds my way & I'll post them, giving credit to you of course. Happy Savings!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Just another Manic Monday.....Morning Challenge. Titled: A Day Without A Product.

Nice work over the weekend folks! See how much $ we spend that we don't need to? Granted, it was the time of year for love, tasty meals, and mushy gifts, so I guess that's okay.
However, I did go to Target on Saturday...OUCH...and when I took the time to look over my receipt...OUCH...I realized I really didn't need that adorable tunic...OUCH...even though it was on sale for only $6.98. But regardless, those little purchases add up, and when all I needed were Ziplock baggies & Aquaphor...OUCH.
So it's just another Manic Monday, eh?

Let's pick a beauty product, or 2 or 3, to abandon today.

Challenge:

Choose a beauty product that you can go 1 day without, and do not use that product for 1 day.
mascara?
blush?
lip gloss?
smelly lotion?
contacts?
hair goop?



Sometimes I get all dolled up out of habit, and well, b/c it makes me feel better, but somedays, like house cleaning & baking all day days, it's just not necessary. Why waste money & goods?

How many points will this one grant?
1 product: 6 points
2 products: 12 points
3 products: 24 points.

Please spare the world and DO NOT,
I repeat DO NOT give up toothpaste or deodorant.

9 comments:

Danielle said...

I totally understand! After our little one was born, I use to get all dolled up each morning because I felt like it was a 'pamper me' moment. But then I came to the realization that if I want to keep buying the nice products I shouldn't be using them everyday, especially when all I do is cook, clean, and chase after a munchkin. So now I usually skip the makeup except on days that I go to a church function or playdate. There are a few things that I still use everyday, so those I skipped today. I didn't use my conditioner, my pomade, or jergens natural glow lotion. I can't remember how many points you said (my mind is already going) but full points for me, please!
Thanks!

Lindsey said...

done. no make up...at all. that is more than 3 products, but it is easier to go with all than just 1-2. I'm glad I have an excuse for the day.

Sorry hun, I'm just trying to save us the green! :)

Jenni said...

perfect timing! all I'm doing today is getting a root canal (urgh...) and I certainly don't care what THOSE people think of me. no makeup today (3+ products) but I'll still use the deodorant, toothpaste, and shower products, thank you very much!

Rachelle said...

I get dolled up just about everyday. Just habit. But today I went without 3 things! First, without eyeliner which is big because I use it for my eyes and my eyebrows. Second was my blush, I use 2 colors each day (I do the "contour" trick) but today I didn't use any. And third I went without lipstick/lip gloss. I usually apply the lip stuff twice a day. So, all points for me!!! YAY!

SISSY said...

Ok, Mission accomplished! I chose no mascara, no lipgloss, and no smelly lotion. Harder than I thought to go without my lipgloss. Addicted to that stuff :)

Lindsay said...

I went without conditioner, eyeliner, and blush. My daily beauty routine has not changed for well over a decade now, so it was kind of hard for me, but I managed and I don't even think Pat noticed.

Kristina said...

I ditched make-up routine-- so that was mascara, eye liner, lipstick, 2 types of eye shadow. not tough since i basically lounged in pjs all day today :)

Kristine Gray said...

Since I still have this dang cold I didn't go anywhere. No makeup, so that is at least 3 products!

Jennikunz said...

Done, that was eay, I heardly wear makeup anymore anyway! I'm totally hot and should send you a picture. no Macara, no Eyeshadow and no foundation. HOLLA!