This blog is to showcase steals, thrills, & mega deals in the shopping world. By this, I don't mean snatching up a Coach bag off E-bay for a couple hundred bones...I mean snatching up EVERYDAY needs (& sometimes wants) for pennies on the dollar...ie- children's socks for $1, cream of mushroom soup for 50 cents, Old Navy skirts for 99 cents...got it? Feel free to pass any of YOUR fab finds my way & I'll post them, giving credit to you of course. Happy Savings!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

And the next challenge will take you to...dun, dun, dun...The Dark Ages.

But first, as usual, let me congratulate you on a home-made lunch well done!
Do you realize you saved $ today? Isn't it a great feeling?

Avy was very interested in packing Pops a lunch today.
Not only did he get his sandwich, orange, raisins, granola bar & love scribble, but A-cakes threw in a few little surprises.
Like the butter-bell for instance. And as you can clearly see, the mayo jar, oh, and the bowl of leftover chicken from the sandwich. He was also granted a marker.

Lucky Day for Daddy-O.


So to our Dark Ages bright idea challenge.

Here you go:
Keep a light off today. Of all the lights you use in your home everyday, pick one designated light and keep it off ALL DAY FRIDAY.


But wait, THERE'S MORE!
The more lights you choose to keep off all day, the more points you will earn.
Here's the breakdown:
1 light off all day=5 points
2 lights off all day=10 points
3 lights off all day=15 points


There's the possibility of
15 points next to your name should you keep 3 lights o-double-f ALL DAY!

Put some tape on them if needs be.


Good Luck!

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Thanks for the tape idea. I think we turn lights on more out of habit then anything else. So I put tape on light switches in 3 different rooms for the day, to make sure that we didn't forget and turn one on. The living room is kind of dark right now, but we're just watching a movie so no light needed. Anyways, 3 rooms with no light= 15 points!
Thanks for the challenges. It's really been fun doing them!

Kristine Gray said...

This was hard to remember. I kept one of the kitchen lights off, one in the bathroom by the washer and one in the living room. 15 points!!

Jenni said...

Two lights in the living room and one in the family room is 15 points! I'm loving these challenges!!! Could you post the standings? I have a feeling you're going to need to split the $30 up among a few particular people who seem to be neck-n-neck!

Rachelle said...

We kept the living room light off, the dining room light off (dinner was fun!) and the hall light off!

Lindsay said...

I passed this one with flying colors! I kept six lights off all day and night! I know we only get points for three, but this challenge helped me realize I don't really need to turn lights on all the time. And I made Pat keep the outside lights off that he leaves on every night, all night since he botched my points from Thursday. ;)

Lindsey said...

done.

all 15 points please.

Jennikunz said...

garage, closet and pantry lights... OFF.

Kristina said...

Accomplished this one.