This blog is to showcase steals, thrills, & mega deals in the shopping world. By this, I don't mean snatching up a Coach bag off E-bay for a couple hundred bones...I mean snatching up EVERYDAY needs (& sometimes wants) for pennies on the dollar...ie- children's socks for $1, cream of mushroom soup for 50 cents, Old Navy skirts for 99 cents...got it? Feel free to pass any of YOUR fab finds my way & I'll post them, giving credit to you of course. Happy Savings!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bay Area Fab Finds

Question: Want to save $ on your produce bill?
Answer: Try your local Indian market.

My friend Lindsay informed me that she's been making off with some excellent money saving lately.


Here's a breakdown of her savings by buying at the Indian market vs. the grocery store:

Mango (ea.) .79 vs. 1.29
Cilantro (ea.) .59 vs. 1.49
Cabbage (lb) .29 vs. .99
Yellow Onions (lb.) .29 vs. .97
Red Onions (lb) .39 vs 1.29
Red Peppers (lb) .99 vs. 1.29 (on sale; regularly 2.99)

And speaking of Lindsay, she also told me the great news about FREE FROZEN YOGURT at Valley Fair this Saturday.


These were her exact words...and I quote:

"Free frozen yogurt all day at Red Mango in Valley Fair on Saturday. 10am-9pm.

I hear Red Mango is the bomb-diggity."


And speaking of great deals in the Bay Area, have you ever heard of Outrageous Outgrowns?

It's a big event where you can buy & sell stuff children have outgrown. Random strangers will spike this up in conversation with me at the park or in grocery stores just b/c they see my little babe in tow, so either it must be pretty big or the strangers are just really strange.






Anywho, it's coming up the weekend of March 6-8, so put it on your calendar!

Check out the Web site:

And if you don't have a child who has outrageously outgrown anything: sleep in, browse through your neighborhood Indian produce market, then enjoy some free frozen yogurt courtesy Red Mango.


Thanks for these Lindsay Y & Tiffany. Clearly my friends demonstrate
Savvy Shopping at its finest!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

my mom and i are definitely going to try out red mango on saturday. then we're going over to it's rival over on santana row (something like "pink berry"??)

thanks for the great blog!!

~jenni ball